Thursday, September 22, 2011

Comfy Time!

Cold weather always brings me the need for comfort, for big fat-knit sweaters, warm drinks, fuzzy socks, scarves, you name it. I turn into a giant cuddle-bug and want nothing more than to snuggle up with a blanket and watch my favourite movies or read a great book. That, for me, is what the colder months involve. A modern day hibernation of sorts, basically!

Today I decided it was time for some hot chocolate. So I grabbed one of my adorable mugs, heated up the milk, and plopped in a few spoonfulls of chocolate powder.
But then.
Then,
I did something daring,
something EXTRAORDINARY,
something I should have done years ago....

I put. Maple Syrup. In my Hot Chocolate.

My reaction looked a little something like this:
It was absolute heaven in a mug.
Like, seriously. Try it, hot chocolate will never be the same again.
Ever.

(ps. I know, Maple Syrup? So Canadian of me. I had might as well wear white and red and grow some moose antlers.)

.......

.....
Anyway.

Today I sketched a naked man in class. It was my first time doing life drawings, it was surprisingly not awkward, save for my friend trying to abuse my tendency to blush by telling me specifically NOT to blush (Thankyou Ana!). Reverse psychology works best on blushers let me tell you.

I have no classes on fridays, so tomorrow's the weekend for me already! Hurrah! Lots of homework to be done. But I have some pretty fun projects so it should be swell!

xo

7 comments:

  1. Someone brought hot chocolate to class this morning and I was so jealous.

    And I love having free Fridays. It's my weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No.way.
    I'm totally trying this. I am such a hot chocolate and mug lover! (Seriously, my hubs thinks its weird that I swoon over certain mugs haha) And this just sounds too amazing to NOT try! Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm I'm definitely trying this.

    I have some WHITE hot chocolate I've been dying to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also!

    Just wanted you to know I awarded you a little something on my blog! Check out my newest post to find out what :]

    <3<3<3
    Simply, Melissa Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. i totally understand you on all these cold season preparations! but oh my! i've never tried hot choco with maple syrup!! heh, i wish we had it here in Russia.. i'll try it when i'm back to the States i guess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the weekend. I love winter and the whole snuggling up with a good book and a nice hot drink. I have also gotten into the habit of buying lots of long woolly socks. I have to try maple syrup in hot chocolate, that combination sounds amazing and I'm wondering why I've never thought of it before!

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. we LOVE when you come and say hi! :-) Have a great weekend, Katia!

    ReplyDelete