Saturday, September 17, 2011

• Soft Spot Saturday •


I would like to introduce my very first, very exciting feature here on Kitty Snooks! Similar to the vast majority of other bloggers out there (I'm not being particularly original here, but that's okay...) I'm starting up a feature about the things I develop a soft spot for during the week. Me being an avid internet-browser, clothes lover, closet-shopaholic, etc. etc., I usually develop quite a list of things I want. These lists usually remain hidden away in the depths of my IPhone, but I thought I'd start sharing some of the list items up here instead! So here goes!

1. THIS DRESS!!!!
 I am in love with this dress. From the very moment I saw it on Emma from Food Coma it called to me. I basically have never been so instantaneously enthralled with a piece of clothing. 
Can I let you in on a little secret?
....
.......
(I bought it......)
*shame*
I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO. 
IT WAS MADE FOR ME AND I WAS MADE FOR IT.
Well. To an extent... maybe.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE!!!




2. Hedgehogs.
I have decided that I am to be a happy, crazy cat lady for the rest of my life. Except instead of cats, I'll have hedgehogs. I don't know why these little guys have caught my attention, but I just can't get enough of them! Tell me this little balled up creature doesn't make your heart melt?
But in all seriousness, I plan on adopting one of these babies when I move out & end up somewhere that allows pets. Yay for over-planning my future!





3. The Kooks.
How do I begin? Since I first discovered their song "Naive" (covered by Lily Allen, some people know that version better.) I have been a huge fan of The Kooks. They recently came out with their new album  "Junk of the Heart", it actually came out this week! I super highly recommend that you check these guys out, they're fabulous!
And even more exciting than the new album?
THEY HAVE A CONCERT IN NOVEMBER.
It's on my sister's birthday, and my birthday is two days before, so my parents bought us tickets as a birthday gift! I'm so excited. I plan on taking my sister out to sushi for her 16th and then we'd head to the concert after that :)




4. The Small World Project.
This is a blogger project being run by Bree from The Art of Being Cool. It is a sort of penpal project she's running to try and get people to actually interact the old way, not through facebook and texting and all of that, but to really be given a piece of that person (literally of course, I don't think many people would want to receive someone's finger or toe in the mail...). I think it's a fantastic idea! I've always wanted a penpal, and I always wished people still sent letters to one another.
There's still spots available in the project if anyone is interested - I'd definitely suggest taking a peek!




5. Patterned tights.
If I had money and a walk in closet that would fit all the clothes I'd love to have, I'd have about a thousand of these! I just love patterned tights when they're done well, Perfect for weather when a basic comfy sweater is all you want to wear up top.
(all from Forever 21)




Anyhoo! That's it for today! 

I wish you all a very happy, laughy weekend!

xoxo





7 comments:

  1. Yay for lists!
    I would totally justify buying that dress too! I love it.

    and I definitely emailed about the small world project! Hopefully there are spots left for me :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award. You don´t have to take it if you don´t want to. But if you´re interested, be sure to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH!! That dress/hedgehogs/the kooks/patterned tights = ;-;<3

    anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i love the kooks and hedgehogs!!!

    http://mplusbdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say tha i LOVE the Kooks...this October they will be here in Madrid!!! Nice blog!!
    http://deliriosdelirados.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my. My friend has those horse patterned tights/leggings and I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete