Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunshine Tattoo.

Yesterday I finally went out and got my tattoo. It's been exactly a year since I've wanted it, and it means a whole lot to me and I'm so so so very glad to FINALLY have it! It's my first tattoo, possibly my last, but I so love it!

The sun has always been a source of happiness and smiles for me, even before I was old enough to truly appreciate any metaphor or deeper meanings behind it. I just always loved summer and sunny days. Then eventually, the sun began to symbolize happiness in a stronger way.


WARNING: IF YOU HATE THE SIGHT OF NEEDLES YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THIS FIRST PHOTO.



This sunshine on my wrist is my personal reminder that there's always a reason to be happy, even if it's just that the sun's always there - it may be hidden behind clouds, it may be on the other side of the world for the night, but it's still always there and it always comes back, and that alone is a happy thought.



My best friend, boyfriend, and our other good friend all came with me and I'm so glad they were all there to be a part of a moment that'll last forever, visibly, for me. Whatever may happen they're all such wonderful people that it blows my mind. and I thank them for being there for me not only through the tattoo process but through the past year as well. :)

The tattoo looked even better when I woke up this morning, as it heals and evens out and stops being swollen! Surprisingly it didn't hurt that much, just a few moments where I felt like "Oh, okay there's the pain..." but it only lasted a second at a time.


Here's to being in a better place,
Here's to the appreciation of how much things can change in one year.
Here's to Happiness :)


xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Agreed! Here's to happiness!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful tattooing experience, and it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww relly great tattoo
    you must be really positive person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great! I got my first one on my ribs and it was a bitch, but so worth it! suits you perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a tattoo of a star in the same place :)
    I actually LOVED the feeling when they gave me the tattoo... and if you want this to be your last one, resist the urge to get another one!
    I wanted only one, and at least for me, I know that later the craving for that feeling of the tattoo hit strong... I wanted to get another one soooo sooo bad. And I always heard people say tattoos were addictive, but then I finally experienced it.
    But I was completely sure I ONLY wanted one... too many is too much. So I resist the urge and eventually it went away.
    But yours is super cute! I hope you enjoy it forever and always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the tattoo and what a great reminder to smile every day! :)

    ReplyDelete