Saturday, January 28, 2012

Finding Strength & Courage, via Bloggers.

I've been having a bit of a rough week. Without going into too much detail I'll just assure you that I am fine, just emotionally drained I suppose. Every chance I get I end up reading others' blogs. I've found myself astounded by the things I've read in the past few days that have been so appropriate, and so helpful given my situation, and have genuinely given me strength, and given me the courage to do what's right for ME.

I wanted to share a few links to blog posts that I've found empowering in the past few days.

Arielle (from Humple Pie)'s post about Women Warriors

Jules (from the life of a cupcake)'s Happy Girls Post featuring Amber

This post about changing your attitude to have a happier life.

Laura (from Violet Bella)'s post about Going Within

And last but not least. Some Kelly Clarkson music.


You have to admit, a lot of her music is really empowering and about doing what's right for herself, no matter what.

My new years resolution is to stand up for myself, do what's right for me, and learn to say NO when I genuinely want to say no, and not to do things that are too much for me to handle just because I have a natural tendency to sacrifice my own time, emotions, energy, etc. to make others happy. That sounds like I'm tooting my own horn but I really don't mean to - just saying that I am learning to do it at a level that keeps me sane at the same time.

On the bright side. I love it when people are understanding. I love the people in my life for always being understanding and wonderful and accepting.

xo



5 comments:

  1. I hope everything is alright, and I hope things start looking up for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Katia!!! we hope you are doing better! Have a great next week! Sending you hugs from Moscow!

    B&K

    ReplyDelete
  3. K,

    I know things will be better for you keep the faith and if you need a little encouragement I am just a line away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, i totally understand. i hope you feel better, and it's good that you're drawing strength from what it seems like are some pretty awesome sources :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. that song is my favorite lately too! i hope this week has been better for you! :) it will all get better soon!

    ReplyDelete