Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Paintings; the 7 deadly sins.

We had to experiment with acrylic paints and different distressing techniques to give it a cool grunge-y effect! The prof encouraged us to use sandpaper and rubbing alcohol to work away at different layers of paint, and these were my experimental pieces for the theme "The 7 Deadly Sins"

"Greed"

"Wrath"

"Sloth"

This last piece is also Greed. This last one is what I'm going to try and recreate for my final!!
I've been experimenting with style in these pieces too, mostly because my usual style doesn't usually include acrylic - but I actually really like the results of these! Even if they're just test runs ;)

Hopefully I can be as satisfied with the final piece! Gulp!


(all images copyrighted to myself, Katia E. 2012)
xo Katia

10 comments:

  1. That last one is also my favourite. Reminds me of how greedy I get when it comes to food. I want all the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this :)please check out my channel if you're reading this and make sure to follow me or even leave a comment :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I love when things are based off the seven deadly sins. I like sloth best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really impressed by those paintings ! I especially like the Sloth...but all are great, you're talented ! <3

    Less than one day left to enter my giveaway to win a Zeleb party dress !
    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome!

    http://thecharleygirl.com

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I can't wait to see how your final piece turns out.
    I've never used acrylic paints, but this post makes me want to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great aesthetic. Thanks for sharing.

    Catherine
    FEST (a new blog about food, style & travel)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really cute! I really like the 'Wrath' one.
    Would love to see them all together!
    Malou
    http://the-uglyduckling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete