Thursday, February 9, 2012

Digital + Hand Drawn Works

I recently/finally set up a printer/scanner that I got for Christmas (yes, I am a huge procrastinator sometimes... shh), and I've been inspired to scan in some line drawings and colour them and play around with them on photoshop! Here's a peek at some stuff I've done!

Little tidbit: I write poetry type things a lot. Usually only phrases that I think sound good, but I love combining my illustrations to them. This was actually a reflection of my scary migraine episode, which led to a stomach ache and a general icky feeling for the rest of the day.

Have you guys heard of Ambird (Amber)? She's this crazy-super-talented illustrator and she holds Sunday Night Drawing Challenges that are really fun to get into, this is the first I've participated in and I can safely say I'm definitely going to try and do it every week!
(ps. yes. That is a blender on his forehead.)
Moral of the drawing: never try and be something you're not - you'll end up looking extremely foolish.
:)

I have honestly never felt so inspired and determined to succeed than I do right now. I don't know what it is. I think it's this newfound realization of how badly I want to succeed as an artist/illustrator and just how passionate about it. My fire's been re-lit and it feels amazing. I have such a great project planned and I can't wait to share it with you guys :)

xo

images copyrighted (c) 2012 to Katia E.

13 comments:

  1. Lmaooooo your unicorn made me laugh.
    How do you do shading for your illustrations?

    And it makes me excited that you are determined and inspired. I feel the same way. We can make sure we both stay on track and if one of us strays, the other should yell.

    Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lady's hair. These are really neat. Excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one! Really interesting :) Great job!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha that unicorn picture is great! I love feeling so inspired, it's a great high!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, your stuff is AWESOME. I really related to the last paragraph in this post- I've been feeling that way, too lately. Like... I need to try and try and do what I want to do, no matter what the cost. Go us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute unicorn drawing-- it really made me question what I do to try and be less like myself... definitely need to stop being foolish! Better to be 100% yourself than try and fail at being someone else!

    The top illustration is so poignant- I've suffered from migraines for 10-12 years!! debilitation station- I definitely know that feeling! Drink TONS of water- it helps no matter what the cause of the migraines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome illustrations, the unicorn really made me smile. Sounds like you've got a lot of ambition, you should deffinately go for it - maybe you could do illustrations of other bloggers and see if they'll repost them on their blog to help get your work out to a wider audience? Just an idea anywhoo have a fab wknd lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your unicorn just made my night, great concept =) Your passion is so evident in the way you write, you've got some really lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really fun. Gotta love that moral.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS UNICORN! LOL seriously that is the best thing I've seen all day.
    Was going to comment on the sushi making, but this is awesome. Can't wait to see more art as you scan it in :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is the best feeling in the world when that fire is re-lit! i'm so happy for you!!
    and i love the idea of the poetry/illustrations. this sweet girl you illustrated is adorable!

    ReplyDelete