Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sushi Time!




We had some issues with the rice - after an hour and a half of cooking and extra cups of water, it STILL was not entirely cooked through. Being the hungry girlies we were, we decided to just use what we had and do our best despite the defective rice. Can rice even be defective? No clue. But it was either that or our water and I think defective rice is a better bet than defective water... ;)



It was so yummy, and so fun to make with my cousin - who is kind of one of my best friends too! Such a great way to start off my weekend :)

Today as well I spent with her (she stayed for a sleepover!) and then later went to dinner at my aunt's house, so it's been a family filled weekend thus far which has been really nice and relaxing. It's always refreshing I find to bond with your family, to reconnect with your roots so to speak.

Hope you're all having lovely weekends too!
xo

15 comments:

  1. William and I totally made sushi too! It's so fun to do at home :)
    Love and Turtledoves,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum :) lookss really nice :) love your entire blog , follow back ?
    <3

    www.heelsandhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, now i'm craving sushi!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. I want to try it but I'm scared to eat raw fish that I've prepared. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we used fake crab from the grocery store, all cooked and ready to go! Not to mention super yummy too ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh my god, the rice took that long? Is that even possible?

    I'm sorry but your sushi looks HILARIOUS.... Hahahaha. I doubt I could do better though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, it's the taste that counts right? ;)

      Delete
  6. You actually make sushi look GOOD! I personally don't go for anything remotely fishy ;) your taste in movies is awesome btw! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks good!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love sushi, and definitely need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! I have yet to brave eating sushi. It's one of my 2012 resolutions. It'd be awesome to make it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. man! I wish I loved sushi... I've tried it many times and it's just not my thing. It always looks so cute and how much fun to make it! love the photos! xoxo B

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just talking to a friend the other day about how I wish I could make sushi! It always looks so hard and intimidating so I've never tried. Not too bad for yall's first try though!

    ReplyDelete