Sunday, March 18, 2012

An Awesome Kind of Lately

This past week or so has been really awesome. Spring time always brings such good feelings and such a sense of fun and LIFE into my daily routine. I've also just been having a lot of fun working on some seriously cool projects lately, hanging out with awesome people, and getting really excited for summer break to come along - I've got hardly a month left of classes. Here are a few glimpses into my past week in photos:

Butterfly patterned adhesive nail strips! I actually love them, and they were easy to apply and turned out really well! (Excuse my hang-nail covered fingers!) 

A painting of a live model done in class, I thought he turned out looking like Gotye a little (but it might just be my imagination hehe)

This was an in class assignment, we were given 6 works of art from people in the class, as well as some various collage materials, and we had an hour to create a concept and a piece with our group. My group's idea is that two lovers loved each other so much they never wanted to die - so they became cyborgs and this is meant to represent a "locket" sort of idea, eternalizing their love visually.

Yeah. Us art kids get pretty far fetched sometimes (and ours was the most tame of all the other groups in the class!)

 Speaking of collage - here's a sneak peek at the progress of a piece I'm doing, I can't wait to show you guys the final!! I may have found a new favourite way to make art. I spent friday at my cousin's house on her back porch making art together, it was a really nice time :)

 And last but not least, last night I had my friends Jacob, Zach and Marvin over last minute for St Patty's day. We got a little bit silly (and for once I'm not the silliest of them all!) and had a lot of fun. I even managed to drag them into playing some Cooking Mama's Cook off for the wii - Marvin (the scared looking one on the far right) is in chef school so he gladly accepted the challenge.


My friends are so so pretty. And my chin looks marionette-esque. We're gorgeous all around.

They're my favourites.

I hope you've all had equally as lovely weeks!
What did you guys do for St Patty's day?

xo

11 comments:

  1. where did you buy the nail strips :) theyre so cute , im in love :) please reply on my page if you can xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those nail wraps! I went to a small parade in our town with my mam and little sister and then I went to a free house later in the night. It was fun, rained a lot in Ireland though! typical!

    tobequitefranki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collage .. now I want to make one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nails are awesome! Fun photos

    http://thecharleygirl.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the painting of the live model, you're very talented!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try those adhesive nail things. The designs are so pretty. And don't worry - I'll confess that I photoshop my hangnails out of my swatch pictures ;]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art is absolutely amazing. I wish I was as madly talented as you! I am super curious to see the piece you are working on at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice nails!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your butterfly nails. That painting is incredible! You are crazy talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are seriously so talented! i wish i was an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that art piece, it looks really cool.
    And your nails are so awesome! I really want to try nail strips.

    ReplyDelete