Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Katia's Chicken Avocado Sandwich

Because I still live with my parents I am not generally in charge of filling my fridge. As such, I don't really get to pick what's in there which has led me to be a bit of a pro at winging it if I do say so myself! My family usually ends up with a hunk of leftovers after dinner the prior day, and I usually make some yummy yummy sandwiches/paninis with them!

Today I had leftover chicken, a half of an avocado, and some cheese and foccacia bread (aka. For-Katia bread... harhar.) The result was super deeelish!

My ingredients. Pretty straight forward right? All you have to do is plop them together, throw them onto the panini press, 5 minutes later, e presto! Una bella panini!


(I'm kinda diggin' food photography lately, looking back on them totally makes my tummy rumble though!!)

Avocado is one of my favourite foods at the moment, I have been known to slice one in half and eat out of it directly with a spoon. It's just too yummy sometimes to wait as I prepare it in a dish!!

So yea :) If you're ever lacking sandwich making materials, I definitely suggest this simple fix. Let me know if you try it out!!


xo

11 comments:

  1. Mmmmm that looks so tasty.
    I am also an avocado lover - I read once that a super lunch (health wise) is a half avocado with a mini can of tuna - which I have eaten many times and enjoyed.
    Wish I had some at home right now...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love avocado too. Try it with prawn or shrimp in a sandwich.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with avocado is delicious! One time I went on an avocado binge though and gained a few lbs so I had to cut back. I would put it on EVERYTHING lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really like avocados, but the sandwich looks incredibly yummy!
    I also tagged you in a little blogging game. :)
    http://piasmemoriesblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/11-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting me. Do you like to follow each other. Let me know will follow you right back.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks sooo yummy. Love the pictures, too. Something about laying all the food out on a chopping block is so great. I always do that even if I'm not taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm, yum! Your photographs are wonderful. I am seriously craving that sandwich right now.

    Megan

    http://thedarlingewe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm, this looks so good!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  10. woooooow this looks delicious, definitely going to try that!!

    ReplyDelete