Sunday, April 29, 2012

REDESIGN & 100 FOLLOWERS

The obnoxious use of all caps in this post title is because
I AM TOTALLY STOKED AND GENUINELY WANT TO SPEAK LOUDLY AND EXCITEDLY EXCEPT I AM TYPING THIS SO YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE CAPS!

So I actually made it past 100 followers today - so I decided that this was the perfect number at which to launch the re-design of my blog. This is what it used to look like


I really liked my last layout, I had gone from a really hectic banner to a suuuper simple, as fond as I am of it I found it a touch too simple. 

Also, I've been feeling way more girly lately, more so than I felt during the winter anyway. I'm craving pastels and florals and pretty skirts and dreamy designs, in ALL aspects of life! (Which is ironic considering my job requires me to wear all black with a green apron, ohhhhh well!) I wanted my layout to reflect ME more, and I'm really happy with what I've come up with :D

The banner illustration was hand drawn/painted then scanned, as well as the "Kitty Snooks" part, it was lots of fun - definitely want to do more hand drawn designs in the future! 

AND I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE A BRAND NEW FEATURE! 

(There I go with the cap locks again).
I've seen a lot of link-up features on others' blogs where readers are invited to participate in the theme of their feature and their link would be featured on the writer's post! So I've decided to start organizing one myself. The feature is:




Now. It's not the truth or dare we all played when we were young (and still play sometimes) where you have to kiss someone on the cheek, reveal your most embarrassing story(no promises though) or anything else, but this is how it would work. Every week, if you choose to participate, you will pick one of the following and do a post about it:

• A Truth Question: Pretty much a writing prompt, some sort of question for you to answer in a post on your blog!

• A Dare: Most likely these will include a photo challenge of sorts, or an outfit challenge, or something totally random! Nothing too gutsy or embarrassing, just something fun!

And of course, leave a link back to the original Truth or Dare post from here!

Whenever I do a post and you wish to participate, you would simply leave a comment with a link to your post and the NEXT truth or dare post I will include your link in the post! I will also pick a "WINNER" every time with whomever I believe went the most full-out with their truth or dare. This person will get featured in the next week's post. This is obviously for fun and there are no real "prizes" but I think it'd be really interesting to see who picks what and how they choose to approach each challenge!

What do you say? Would you like to participate? I have a pilot-tester set of challenges for you guys this week! Here they are:

Truth: What is your favourite childhood experience/memory? Write about it, and include a photo of you as a child!
Dare: I dare you to do a combo outfit post. Grab your significant other, a sibling, a parent, or a friend, and feature them in an outfit post on your blog!


I really hope you guys choose to participate, and I really look forward to see what you come up with if you do!

And what do you think of the layout? Like it? Any bugs or suggestions?!
I wrote a lot in this post but, there was a lot to say so, I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend!


xo

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new design, it is so pretty and girly and light and airy!! Too cute.

    I also really love your Truth or Dare feature. Such a neat idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally smitten with the new layout! That header is stunning! And I will definitely be doing this challenge once I get a chance!
    xo
    Amanda
    fromaheartoverflowing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the new header! i wish i had time to redesign my blog and do something hand drawn but with a babe on my hands i am happy if i get to post 5 times a week and take outfit pictures (which then means i actually also got to do my hair and makeup) :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I absolutely love the new redesign! Your header is so lovely. The truth or dare challenge is such a clever idea too...hopefully I will find the time to participate in one:) Congrats on reaching 100 darling! xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to do the Truth or Dare thing! How fun!!! I love a good new idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your new layout a lot, especially the links on the right. It's easy to tell that you like design! Haha. :) Congrats on gaining 100 followers! It's hard work!

    ReplyDelete