Friday, April 20, 2012

VLOG: 5 Things I Learned this Year

Last night I wrote the very final exam for my first year of university! It's pretty cool to be done, to be FREEEEE for four months!! I'd say more about it all, but here's a video instead! In my very first Vlog I share the 5 things that I learned from my experiences in first year!

Disclaimer: 
This is what I've learned, what I believe, and my opinions might be very different from those of others, they might be wrong (hey, I'm still learning!!) But I hope you'll be able to take away at least a little something from it :)


Keep in mind I filmed this after my 5:30 AM shift and my cold is still not entirely gone, and don't mind my totally awkward goofiness at the end or how long it is(oops) OR how many sayings I say wrong ("Stay in Tune!" really Katia.....)  - but enough with excuses & apologies, I kind of really enjoyed doing a Vlog! And now that I'm done school I have time to do them, so why not? Would you guys like to see more vlogs? Or should I stick to writing ;) !

I think the Vlog says it all (and more), so I'll end this post with a question:

What 'life lesson' so to speak have you learned recently?

xo

11 comments:

  1. Omg you're so sweet :) I love Canadian accents! This is really helpful for me because I'm heading to art college next year to do Vis Com :D I'm soooo excited. I'd say the 'life lesson' I've learnt would come from the quote 'this too shall pass' it's so true when you think about it! no matter how crappy you feel about something at a certain moment in time(exams!) it'll pass and it'll be done/get better! and yeah :) I live by that now haha
    Oh and vlogs are great!

    -Frances x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Katia! You have the most adorable voice and personality! You definitely need to do vlogs more often!
    xo
    Amanda
    fromaheartoverflowing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day : ) You're the cutest! You totally don't seem as young as you are (jealous--everyone thinks I'm 17!!). Happy summer and congratulations on finishing your first year at college!

    mybillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened to this whole vlog start to finish and if I didn't like you before (I totally did!) I would now...you are SO cute and smart and awesome! I really love vlogs because I feel like it really connects you with that person/blogger more, ya know? Hearing them talk genuinely is really awesome. It's easy to write out a blog post and edit and go through and make changes, etc but through video there's no way to do that...well there is, but I could tell yours wasn't edited ;) haha. Anyways, you are great...and smart and I loved hearing your life lessons and they are all so very true!! You've got a great head on your shoulders miss. Keep on doing what you're doing! Also, let's hangout!! You're in Toronto and I am not far from Toronto :)

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ya...you have great lips. I'm always envious of people with naturally big lips, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhh! so great to see you! I was just telling Ben how I like you and we could be friends back in school (crazy huh&))) and it's not only that we have the same names))) Congrats with your first year! Great vlog, keep going :-) Hapy summer!!

    Katia

    ps: wear those crazy pants! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun(ny) & cute vlog. You are so charming and I loved watching you speak about all the things youve learned this year. I really enjoy your little vlog. Thanks for sharing it(:

    Hope you have an awesome day!

    Carmila Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for a 4 month break either! I love the vlog idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your video! Great advice for life in general, not just university. I like your voice too and your facial expressions. I keep trying to gather the courage to do a vlog. I don't know how to say it either. Hmph.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw you are so cute! i like this idea. i might copy you. except maybe not a vlog because they scare me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so adorable! What a sweet video, I totally agree with your life lessons :) I've actually been considering OCAD for my Masters.. maybe I'll see you there one day in the future hehe Enjoy your summer break!

    ReplyDelete