Monday, May 21, 2012

Playlist • Traveller's Tunes

Hey guys! A week from now I am going to be in Belgium on a trip with my mum! She was born in Belgium so I'm excited to have a personal tour guide to show me all of the country's little wonders.



I find that certain songs bring me back to my past travels, and others invoke major wanderlust into my heart, so I've come up with a playlist to listen to this week and on my travels (namely on the long plane ride, lord knows I'll need the music then! Haha). There's something inexplicably romantic about travel; discovering new things and being away from everything you know. Everything is new and leaves a sweet aftertaste in your mind, it's even like the sun itself has a different glow.

1. Soul Meets Body - Death Cab For Cutie
This song was a recent discovery on my trip to France a few years back, regardless of the memories associated, there's something so perfect about this song for travelling. The lyrics make me think of discovery and self discovery which I think travel is a huge part of.


2. The Traveller's Chant - Rizzle Kicks
Well, it has the word travel in the song title, but it also has this bittersweet sort of "I'm leaving and it's what I've got to do" feel to it. Though I am currently single, I've had that bittersweet feeling of leaving someone behind, and this song sort of justifies it and makes it sound like they're going on some grand important adventure. Which I think makes travelling sound awesome. 

3. Lakehouse - Of Monsters and Men
It's just all whimsy and summery and such a good road trip song.

4. You In The End - Matt Hires
A reminder than no matter how much of the world we see, and how amazing it all is, in the end we've got to come home.



xo


2 comments:

  1. enjoy your trip

    From Paris with love!
    Kristina recently posted... Mac Hey, Sailor!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun on your trip!
    what oart of belgium are you visiting? :)
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete