Saturday, June 16, 2012

RIP.

My grandfather passed away last night. Things might be a bit quiet around here while I spend time with my family in this difficult time. For now I'll leave you with a song and an illustration I made recently that I could easily say was my sub-conscience forseeing things, but regardless of that being true it strikes me as a visual representation of my grandfather's passing.


My grandfather was a stoic, sweet, quiet, gentleman who kept smiling his big old smile through his entire ordeal after the stroke, up until the last few hours before his passing when things got extra rough. As horrible as it was to witness him in such a state, I am so thankful for how amazing our family is for coming together and for having been there by his side until the very end. I am thankful that I was able to hold his hand through it all and tell him I loved him. I am thankful that those who couldn't be there are still here to support each other. I am thankful that I had such a fantastic man in my life. But most of all I am thankful that he is now in peace and in a better place, wherever that may be.


Jeg elsker dig Farfar, I love you.

12 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry. I hope the healing process is smooth for you and your family. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ): i'm sorry for your loss.
    my thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry to hear that :(
    my thoughts are with you and your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your family's loss. You'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sorry for your loss, your grandfather seemed amazing. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing more honorable than someone who smiles through hardship. He sounds like an amazing man. I hope you and your family are doing alright considering. You're all in my thoughts. And your drawing is so sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry, Katia. Sending lots of love and prayers your way <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a lovely man x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Katia...you and your family are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for you loss... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for your loss Katia.

    ReplyDelete