Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Canada Day via Instagram

Before I jump into this post, I would like to thank everyone who left a comment on my first 'A Thought or Two" post. I really appreciate all the feedback, the contributions of your own stories and opinions, and support. It made my heart smile :) I didn't know how everyone would react to such a word-y post but apparently it worked!? So THANK YOU readers, you rock my socks. :)


Soooo I love Canada day, and Canada, and dressing up. So July 1st is really a great fun occasion for me ;) I DIYed this maple leaf top the morning of, pulled out some red skinny jeans I was going to give away and wore some good ol' plaid. Because why not go all out?


Oh yea, I also did my nails. But I had no white nail polish, so I settled on using a very pale purple toned  polish.


I then went to my cousin's band's rehearsal. Can we just talk about how much his band rocks? I actually love them, if you like classic rock type music then you'd love their stuff - you can check them out on facebook search "Running Violet" or check them out HERE! If not for me, check them out for yourself, because you'll love them. ;) They've played a lot around Toronto and I believe are playing in Montreal in Sept/Oct!

Tiffany and I ! She brought me all sorts of Canada day swag including bracelets and face paint (that we forgot to use, booo!) She's the sweetest.

My rock star cuz, Ben!

A whole lot of firework pictures....


TTC selfies, a tradition.


And a very blurry shot of the gang at the beach to watch the fireworks! It was a really fun night, with lots of really great company and new people to meet as well as old. Definitely a Canada day to remember!

Hope all my fellow Canadians had a great Canada day as well, AND Happy 4th of July to all of my American friends! Have a good one ;)

xo



4 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good time! I love your outfit! So patriotic!

    Happy belated Canada day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hattitude Style Blog

    love to see a fellow canadian dressing up! love the DIY shirt. how did you do it!?

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete