Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Need for Adventure.


There are so many places I want to go, places both known and unknown. The funny thing is that some of these places I have no name for, no direction or location, I just want to go. 

I want to see waterfalls that are larger than life, I want to climb mountains and swim in oceans. I want to smell new air, feel new winds tickle at my skin. I want to be amazed and discover new things. 

I want to be with nature, surrounded by it, and not just a groomed park version of nature - I want to witness it at its peak, I want to absorb it as it thrives around me the way it was meant to be. Raw nature. I want to see things I've never seen before.

I want to learn new cultures, experience them. I want to visit temples and historic monuments, feel the history they have as I stand where thousands, millions maybe, have before. I want to try new foods and new activities, meet new people.

Maybe I just feel so stuck in this job with a company that wastes enough milk a year to fill 2 olympic sized swimming pools - and that's just in Canada alone. I'm spending my time serving people, petty people, who snap at others for leaving a smidge of foam on their lattes or a little too much ice for their liking. I guess the idea of a wilder, free world out there for me to discover is just a nice opposite right now. But I guess I'm doing all of that so that one day, I will be ABLE to travel and do all these things I want. So I guess it's ok for now. Besides, we do make yummy lattes and drinks, and I do get to drink them on my breaks. So I'll try to just focus on my delicious soy, no water, chai tea lattes for now. 

(Yes that is 'my drink' and it is the most delicious drink ever.)

xo


ps. I hate that I had to source some of these photos to pinterest - but I couldn't find any other source. If you guys know where any of these photos are originally from I would love it if you let me know - being an artist, I know the worth of receiving credit where it is due and I'd love to source these properly!

11 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the tree cut out to accommodate the van. I understand how you feel - and I hope someday you will be able to travel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya there. I've not be able to travel as much as I'd like, but definitely hope to in the future.

    And eww at people who complain about petty stupid things! They don't realize how they're ruining peoples' days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could have come out of my mouth. Job I loathe? Check. Wanderlust? Check. A hope that things will get better (job, money, etc) so that I can afford to travel in the future. Double check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally on that with you. the world is so big and awesome that i feel awful in an office cubicle. don't want to go back there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a wonderful thing knowing that your not alone. To read this post the very day after I have quit my job. (also of the making drinks and service veriety)

    For reasons that are so close to those you have mentioned. Its time to get our adventures on! Cant wait to hear all about the ones you find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes and yes. I have been feeling this way quite often! Especially because I feel so stuck right now too but I know good things will come if we can just stick it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get that feeling at times too. Being stuck every day at a job that you are less than pleased with is not easy. Seeing these breathtaking photos makes me want to go out and explore more places like this as well. Wishing you the opportunity to be able to do so darling :) xo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first picture *melts a little bit*

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh boy such amazing pictures! and haha i love the way you wrote that, totally true :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! And I completely relate to the feeling stuck problem.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are a beautiful writer. I hope you live an adventurous life some day.

    ReplyDelete