Friday, August 3, 2012

My family received the news that my grandmother had passed away yesterday. She has been ill with Alzheimer's for years, and we've been expecting it for years (I once said my 'goodbyes' in the hospital about 3 years ago) but she clung on. For her to pass away just a month and a half after my grandfather, well I like to think she was waiting for him. And I do not know in what I believe, but I do hope they are together again, finally.



So here's to the wonderful, incredible woman who taught me more than I ever realized about art, nature, beauty, simplicity, and what's important in life.
Rest in Peace, Farmor.

I apologize for any lack of posting in the near future, I need some time to collect my thoughts, try and move into my apartment and work at the same time, and just be with my family.

xo

11 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss, but yes, it's good to think she's in a better place now, with your grandfather :) may they both rest in peace xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mixed with the pain I'm glad there's the hope that they're both together again. I hope you and your family are alright. And I hope things go smoothly for you so you don't get too overwhelmed.

    <3

    PS that's the cutest picture. I love hearing about peoples' relationships with their grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss, Katia.. I think both your grandparents are together now in a better place!
    2 weeks ago Ben's grandmother passed away, too. It was really hard over here for the last couple of months. I'm really glad that we made it back to the US on time to meet her and talk to her.. And, yes, I'm sure she is now with her husband up there, too. Peace and love to all of them.
    Hug from us to you, Katia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry. I do not know what this feels like but I hope you will feel better soon! She must have been an amazing lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss
    My deepest condolences to you and your family
    She sounds like a wonderful lady and you seem a credit to them both

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a heartbreaking beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your story with us & just know that we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    I hope you are all sharing lots of memories and stories with each other to remember them both.
    Take care,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so sorry for your loss.
    my thoughts are with you!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweet heart I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sending you a million hugs & tons of love to you & your family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lost my grandma when I was eight. The pain eases and you realize that you have someone always beside you, watching out for you. Keep your chin up girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for your loss. I like to think she was waiting on him too and they're together now.

    ReplyDelete