Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Look & An Announcement!

In celebration of Kitty Snook's one year blogaversary, I am unveiling a project I have been working on for a very, very long time! And to go with it, a brand new look for the blog! I wanted something more 'me'. I know the problem with that is - we all change, especially going through university and all these big steps in life (like moving out), so my definition of 'me' might always change. But this is me NOW, and this is what I'm working on NOW. So here we go!

Without any further ramblings,

I would like to introduce you to

 Solé Designs


Solé Designs is a soon-to-be online store where I will be selling one of a kind necklaces, some of which are pictured below! Each design is unique, and they make for a perfect, subtle-but-bold addition to any outfit! 


These necklaces are made with wood burning techniques on untreated birchwood. My focus while making these was to take a little piece of nature and make it wearable, but still natural! The process of coming up with this particular style of necklace really brought out the 'boho' 'hippie' girl inside me, and I channeled it and rolled with it, and boy am I glad I did! I sometimes wish I could keep all of these for myself ;)



These designs as well as several others will be available for sale starting 
SEPTEMBER 8th, 

the official 'one year' of this blog! I am starting out small, with just these necklaces for now, but I am hoping to expand Solé as time goes on and I hope you will all join me in this new, mini-business adventure and see where it takes me! I am so very excited to launch this store and I hope you will all tune in on Sept 8th for the big launch! I will have a whole set of posts lined up in honour of the launch that will be posted throughout the first week of September! I really hope you guys will be as excited as I am! I've come to realize that I NEED to live a creative lifestyle, one way or another, and I will be running this as a small business while I am studying, but who knows where it will take me down the road? I'm excited to see....

PS. What do you guys think of the new look? To anyone I have swapped buttons with - I will email you about new buttons // if you're still interested in swapping buttons. To anyone interested in swapping buttons - gimme a shout and we can chat!

*Note: I will most likely only be selling/shipping to the U.S. and Canada to begin with. This is so I have time to test the waters with shipping before sending anything overseas! Thanks for understanding!

xoxoxoxoxo

14 comments:

  1. WOW! Katia, so great! I looove your necklaces - can't wait to look at your shop! and the new design is so cool, I love it a lot! Congrats on 1 year! You're awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!!!! How awesome.
    I really really love the new blog design and am excited about the necklaces! So happy for you!
    I wouldn't change a single thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME Katia! I adore the new look and I am SO stoked on Sole! This is awesome...can't wait to snag one up! I love the designs...so fresh and I totally love that they are on wood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the necklaces they are beautiful! The name is really pretty too, what does it mean? The new look is so light and pretty, awesome job and wishing you the best of luck with your shop opening!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! those necklaces look wonderful, great job!
    I love the new blog look too, you're description in the side is so cute <3
    Hope the new shop goes well for you and keep me posted so know when you start shipping overseas!

    tobequitefranki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with it all :) I love how you've presented each piece too against a patterned background. These are so small and dainty and oh-so wearable too.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
    please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh Katia, these are beautiful, drop me a tweet when the shop is up and running and I will do a blog feature on it!
    Also, I was just about to message you about swapping buttons, would you like to do a button swap? I have a new ancy blog layout and want to add the coolest of blogs on my sidebar :), yours included
    xx PC

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great! These necklaces are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rad idea. So simple and clean in design. I love them.

    ReplyDelete