Thursday, September 6, 2012

Autumn n' Stuff

There is something about the inevitable arrival of fall that gets me feeling mega nostalgic.

There's a certain romance in the air as the world grows gold and comfortable. The leaves of trees are newly painted, and this time around mother nature's in the mood for reds, ambers, maroons; all beautifully blended together into a canvas of rich, warm forest.

The appeal of warm drinks is no longer lunatic - hot chocolates, spiced flavoured lattes, all things cozy and perfect for cuddling up with under your favourite blanket - another wonder now feasible in the mellow temperatures of autumn.



I guess part of why I think it's romantic is because, I can't help imagining doing said cozying up and enjoying all the beautiful colours with someone else. But this year I'm learning how great it can be all on your own too. Reading books, moving into my apartment, making art, opening my Solé business, my excitement for back to school. It's nice to have all of that to myself, my own little niceties to enjoy and not have to share with anyone. I'll cuddle with my blankets and big cozy sweaters, and I'll have pumpkin spice lattes and go for walks by the river literally a block away from my new home, I'll enjoy the trees and the fresh smell the air gets this time of year. I think that's enough for me this year. I think it's more than enough.

(I went 'back to school' shopping. And this happened. Yup.)


I went to my school's orientation today with a friend from last year just to enjoy the excitement with all the first years (We also got wristbands and maaaaayyy have pretended to be first years, picking up some free sample goodies. Shhh.). I just love the ambiance at my school, and I don't think I've felt this happy in months. Honest. I also saw some of my highschool friends from younger years who are coming to OCAD! I also just bought a new sketchbook, I think it'll be a new school-is-starting tradition, because I bought the same sketchbook exactly a year ago and used it for the rest of the year for personal sketches!


Also, been working hard on Solé stuff! This is my personal necklace, one of the very firsts I made and I just love it. I'm so very excited (for everything) to get Solé up and running - TWO DAYS GUYS!! I hope some of you are excited too!! :D


ps. Now that I've moved into my apartment fully, I have been reunited with my clothes. And as such, I hope to get back into the swing of outfit posts again soon! :)

pps. Do you have instagram? Mine is KittySnooks, send me a follow request!!

xo

10 comments:

  1. I love what you wrote about autumn, so beautifully put :) This year (in Ireland) our summer wasn't great, it rained a lot but already September has brought more sunny warm weather than the whole of July. That's pretty typical Ireland though. I've decided that instead of complaining about summer showers next year, I'll just embrace them about look forward to the warm days of late august and early September before it gets colder or maybe I'll just travel to a warmer part of Europe haha. I'm starting college and freshers week in next week, I'm so nervous >.< but I have heard good things regarding the freebies :) also why doesn't my starbucks do these spiced lattes everyone is talking about?!

    -Frances x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the same thoughts and feelings about autumn. I hope yours will be very enjoyable! hahah and yes, I ordered some hot chocolate and mocha powder (tssss don't tell Ben!) and it's on the way. Can't wait! :-)
    And I can't wait till your store opens either! That's so cool! Double party: new house, new business! Congrats :-)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have pumpkin spiced lattes here in Australia, which is an absolute tragedy because all the photos I see on other blogs with them, look beyond delicious! I love that feeling of nostalgia and new beginnings. I'm having a little bit of that now with Spring.

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! new follower here :) i am looking forward to your posts. your thoughts about autumn make me feel so warm and fuzzy.
    take care, sara
    http://honeysucklewild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha oh my god, that hoodie is awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree with you more about everything said! I also feel like cold weather is more romantic, because with it comes the idea of drinking warm chai tea and seeing the beautiful foliage :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me feel all nostalgic, and your Solé items are really autumnal- LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU EXPAND TO SHIPPING TO THE UK! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you when it comes to fall. I get WAY WAY nostalgic over fall/winter and am not a big fan of summer, so I'm READY for dropping temperatures. You always make me smile. Your voice comes through on your blog and I don't find that too often, like I feel like I can hear you saying the things you type, it's refreshing!

    And I'm definitely still excited about Solé! I really like the necklace you're wearing. And have liked all the ones you've pictured, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your necklace came out great!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your words are absolutely gorgeous.

    http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete