Friday, December 14, 2012

A Thought Or Two // End of the World


Is anyone else secretly terrified of the 2012 rumours and the idea that these could be our last week on earth? I don't believe it per se, but the thought terrifies me.
Besides, even if the 21st isn't the end of the world, who's to say that life is any less fleeting? I'm taking this as more of a lesson on how scarily short life can be, and to treat your time well. Take advantage of it. Take nothing for granted and to really live my life to the fullest. 

I plan to live it up this week, and the next, and the next, and the next..... Because, and I am paraphrasing here, I want to collect moments and experiences. I want to have stories to tell at the end of the year and I want to have fun with my life.

I want to go to the same art show twice because I loved it so much. 
I want to wear sparkles because I can.
I want to break the glass when I screech at karaoke because it's fun that way.
I want to read poetry every day because it is inspiring.
I want to go out for drinks, then stay up until 2AM the night before an exam texting because I can.
I want to tell my friends that my heart belongs to them, because I love them so much.
I want to fall in love with the sky every day because it's so damn beautiful.
I want to laugh at my own horrible jokes because laughing cures the soul.
I want to immerse my self in music because it is soothing.
I want to embrace life because what else is it there for?


I guess this isn't much more than a glorified version of YOLO. But whatever.
xo



5 comments:

  1. I like your view on this. Yea if this all ends on the 21st I'm gunna be upset :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of this picture while reading this post:

    http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0035/w2swU34495.jpg

    I've been immersing myself in music.
    I made myself cackle this morning. I call my doc Cheebs. I said "Cheebs, you are so mischievous. You're mis-cheebs-ious....Im a loser.

    I stand by the door at work and stare up at the clouds/sky all the time. Clouds blow my damn mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figure its a load of crap but either way a friend of mine is having an end of the world party next week so at least I'll be dressed up, happy and surrounded by friends, probably a little tipsy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puse esa misma foto en un post mio!

    I love this picture...


    http://theiamwave.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! i guess we probably all are a little secretly scared. i know i am. the tiniest bit deep down. it's a constant fear, but when a specific date has been set... it's unsettling for sure.

    great list of things, too. i try and make sure i'm doing things that i'm going to remember but sometimes get stuck in the muck of regimen, i forget. and i'm definitely going to be pigging out on pizza the day of... because if i'm gonna go i want to be full of calories. ;]

    ReplyDelete