Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pony Chops // Feature.

Hey everyone! 

Today I'd like to share one of my favourite etsy shops, Pony Chops! Run by the talented, creative Chantal, Pony Chops has shoes and russian dolls all hand painted with the most adorable designs. I can't get enough of how fun and colourful they are, not to mention super unique!


I mean, could it get any cuter? I love the colour palettes she uses and the overall aesthetic of them!


I asked Chantal a few questions about her work and she was kind enough to answer them for me!

1. What got you started with painting shoes of all things!? 
I just got really bored of my shoes one day and decided to paint them. I've always been the person that can't stop doodling on and "decorating" things, so I guess it was just natural that I eventually started
drawing on my clothes!

2. If you could pick a favourite motif to paint, which would you choose? 
I love painting animals! Especially peoples pets. I'm a big dog and horse lover so I can't get enough of painting them on shoes!

3. What's your favourite part of running an online business? 
I always think it's so cool that my shoes get to travel the world and go places I'd love to go. I once had a customer send me a picture of her and her shoes telling me where they'd toured with her (ALL around the US! and a ton of other countries too). I love to imagine the adventures they've been on.



So go check out her etsy and her blog! I've been wanting to snatch up a pair ever since I first saw them online, and I still want to! Maybe once I think of what kind of motif I'd want painted on, I would definitely want to pick something totally perfect! So far my favourite motif is the mushrooms ;) Go check out her stuff!

xo

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing! i like the little pets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Katia, you're the best!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checked out her esty, I love the mustard and lilac fox brogues :O they're so quirky and unique :) such talent!

    ReplyDelete