Sunday, December 30, 2012

twenty twelve.

Twenty twelve was the year we were all supposed to die.
But we didn't.
I'd call it a success for that alone.

Happy New Year!


Ha, you really thought I'd post so few words? C'mon! I'm little miss wordy and over-explanatory, pshhh. 

This year was tough, tough tough. Sometimes bad sometimes just, challenging. I lost 2 of the most important people to me in a short period of time. I learnt how to be single, and peacefully so (at the ripe young age of 19 I was once a serial dater). I worked my first 40 hour-a-week job that threw my stress and anxiety levels through the roof. I was told stories about past experiences that exposed truths I didn't think possible and challenged everything I'd believed previously. Not all of this was bad though, a lot of it brought amazing lessons.

I know I can get through anything now. Literally.
And that knowledge is powerful.
That doesn't mean I'll always deal with things well, or that nothing will upset me. I will not always be  graceful in the way I handle my emotions. Shit happens. But at least I know in the long run I'll calm down and get over it.

There were some really good things too.
My tattoo.
My trip to Belgium.
Moving into my first apartment.
Starting Solé.
My 19th birthday.
And so many more amazing memories with people who are so important to me.
Which is actually the biggest thing about 2012 - I know who means most to me, and that they genuinely deserve the places in my heart I've made for them. After so much doubt brought on by past experiences, I know these people are for real.

Tomorrow I leave to Costa Rica for a week - I'll be there for new years eve! So here's me wishing you all a happy new year, and I hope you all celebrate well and find solace in the fact that the world didn't end this year. I was serious about that being enough for me, we all got a second change from the universe! Let's take it and use it to our advantage in 2013!

xo

11 comments:

  1. isn't it just great to learn so much in a year? here's to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and happy travels in Costa Rica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never easy going through tough times, I always keep a saying my dad says in mind, "This too, shall pass" so no matter how shit the current moment is, time will pass and heal and it'll get better. I'm pretty excited for 2013 :)
    Have a great trip to Costa Rica, you lucky thing!

    tobequitefranki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this line:

    "I know who means most to me, and that they genuinely deserve the places in my heart I've made for them."

    Happy New Year, Katia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping 2013 has less downs for you. And no creative slumps! (PS I got my necklace and LOVE it! I'll have to feature it in a blog post soon ;])

    Hoping Costa Rica is amazing. From your latest tweets I'd say so. ;]
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year lovely! I hope 2013 is a fantastic year for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fun time in Costa Rica! Wishing you a very happy 2013 Katia :) xoxo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. have fun :) happy new year sweetie:)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanna travel more this year...

    ReplyDelete