Thursday, January 31, 2013

Art Lately / January.

An assignment to 'Illustrate Your Name', we were supposed to synthesize things. There were lots of octopus tentacles making letters, plants making letters. I chose to be a smart ass and go phonetically. Hehe. All done on Illustrator.


A CD Cover assignment.
I chose to illustrate by means of embroidery, which was a crazy decision but I managed to get it done in time. Hoorah! My prof loved it, I love it. I feel like it was totally worth the actual BLOOD and tears that went into making it!! 


I feel super creatively inspired lately guys. And I have so many fun assignments, can't get enough of school!! Well, except my lecture classes, those could just, end now and I'd be fine with it. But whatever.

xo

(All images copyrighted to Katia Engell)

7 comments:

  1. I really like your blog

    :)

    ammorales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures illustrating your name! Made me snort out loud, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are really awesome! :) I had to do a rebus of my name as an assignment. I ended up with two pictures of a map of france for 'Frances' and a Picture of John lennon and his son in a family tree for "johnson' (even though my surname is Johnston, close enough :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's clever haha multiple frances, that made me giggle!

      Delete
  4. uhhhhhh i have an artist crush on you. love both of these SO MUCH. the colors you put together are always so perfect and EMBROIDERY?! when i first saw that i was like "oh, neat she found someone who does awesome embroidery work" then you said you did it and i died.

    congrats on being amazing at everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks d00d, i hope you didn't actually die, yknow. that'd suck. ;)

      Delete
  5. I am like, freaking out at how awesome that cd cover is! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete