Friday, January 18, 2013

King Katia

I did a little illustration for the first letter of my name. I used a few little tricks I learned in class and man, I love the results! This was actually based on a sketch I did for an assignment. I'm not going in this direction for the final but I liked it as a spot illustration.

I put this on facebook and someone immediately made a "King? you're a girl! You mean Queen!" comment. No. I mean King. Because it goes with K and drawing king crowns is fun. Go away, person severely afflicted with the ideas of culturally defined gender roles. But then again, maybe I'm only so touchy about that because I took a social sciences class last semester taught by a seriously feminist anthropologist. Ah well.

What do you guys think of this illustration? Would ya wanna see one for the first letter of your name ;) ?

xo


10 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!
    You should make some Illustrator tutorials. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's adorable. You're so talented Katia! What major are you?

    AND ALSO YES. HECK YES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ONE WITH AN S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, you go king Katia!
    One for 'f' would be fabulous ;D

    tobequitefranki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete