Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Leaf - Pura Vida!


Hey everyone! I am back from my trip to Costa Rica. 
Currently I am getting back into the swing of things, grocery shopping (the only things I have in my apartment are hash browns and mouldy grapes), school, being at my apartment, making new plans for life in general because I'm an over-planner like that.
Costa Rica was astounding. Mind Blowing. I've never been so taken by a country before, even though I love the places I've been in Europe. I found Costa Rica special; they don't have an army, they say 'pura vida' as a greeting and expression of life being 'plentiful' and great, and the people there are so friendly and nice. They have volcanoes, and rain forests, and beaches. 

We were near Liberia, which is on the pacific side and is mostly comprised of flatlands for farming. However we went on an excursion to where the volcanoes are to do horseback riding, zip-lining, and to bathe in volcanic mud and volcanic hot springs! It was quite the experience.

The waves at the beach were 'hunormous' as I accidentally put it to a friend. To the point where, in the following photo, those are my dad and step mom, and my brother is somewhere in that mass of crashing waves. The three of them quickly ran out after that one - I admit even I got frightened by the strength of some of those waves.


I feel as though this trip helped me turn a new leaf. I tend to become very introspective and do a LOT of thinking while I'm on trips. It's like taking a step back from my day to day life brings me real clarity. I feel so refreshed and happy, and I feel ready to tackle 2013 with this new mindset.


My artistic gears are turning, my ambition is through the roof, and my excitement for all that is to come is growing.

I warn you all - Costa Rica really inspired me (if you couldn't tell already), so I might bring it up non stop for the rest of forever, and I might say pura vida all the time, because I think that's the most wonderful expression. And I might have fallen in love with the colours from their country, and the styles, etc. etc.

So Pura Vida, hello my new leaf, 2013!
xo

7 comments:

  1. Isn't Costa Rica WONDERFUL?
    I took a trip there back in 2010 when I was 19 and it changed me forever. I went with my best friend and a guided tour with a bunch of other 18-26 year olds and it was phenomenal! We did have an earthquake scare, but I wouldn't take back a minute of it.

    Plus, their pineapple is the BEST I have ever had. I refuse to have pineapple unless I am in costa rica! So glad to hear you had an amazing trip :)


    Melissa, The 25th Hour Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you had such a great time! And it's so wonderful it inspired you! Looking forward to your new creations and photo posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time! Cute blog!

    Sabrina
    http://thelittleowlshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the last photo is beautiful, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like an amazing place!! Your instagram photos made me jealous! I was sick in bed all last week. Looking for to seeing your creations on what inspired you :)
    Frances x
    tobequitefranki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your trip went well. Looks amazing. I've never been further south than the Keys of Florida, but it looks like paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're back feeling refreshed and inspired. It's so important to stop and give yourself time to breathe and rethink things isn't it?
    I love the phrase Pura Vida - such a lovely meaning.

    ReplyDelete