Friday, March 15, 2013

Design Mind .03 & Blog Lovin'


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I've been in a blog slump.

There's no denying it. I've been too busy, too focused on other things. And that's ok,  but I do miss blogging and I want to pick things up again! I was looking back at when I first started Kitty Snooks, when I was full of gusto and zest for it. I'm going to be drawing from that in hopes of re-establishing a regular blogging routine!  For starters - I'm bringing back a feature I had tried to start at the very beginning: DESIGN MIND.

If you've been following my blog for a while, you must know that I'm in the Illustration/Design program at my school and I sometimes feel as though the world of art and design is what sustains me. I love it. I'm obsessed, now even more so than when I first started university. So what better feature to bring back than one focused entirely on little design thoughts?

Today I bring you little pretty things from my New York trip!



The windows of the seemingly empty building across from our hotel - really neat variety in light colours and a super asymmetric grid pattern! 


Walls and walls of M&M's, they start to just look like really cool textures and patterns.


One of my favourite shots I took - see that american flag with the sky behind it? Yea, that's not intentional, the screen just happened to be playing a scene of sky at the moment I took the picture!



And fro the plane as we left,  there's something so magical about seeing the world from so high up, and I love the  variety between warm lights and cold light - much like in the first picture!!

So as I'm sure most of you have heard, Google Reader is on it's way out. I've always used the dashboard on blogger (because uhm... I'm behind on the times ok? Don't judge!) So I figure that I had might as well just make the switch to Blog Lovin', since I've only ever heard good things about it anyway.

So PLEASE,

I'm in the process of following everyone through blog lovin' right now! 
It's kind of a good way to clean out my follow list of people who have stopped posting or whose blogs I don't read anymore too. Sometimes a little follow-list cleanse is necessary, even though I always feel a bit bad un-following wonderful bloggers, oh well.


xo

8 comments:

  1. that wall of m&m's reminds me of the wall of towels at bed, bath, and beyond... which is my favorite thing there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to find a happy medium between blogging and life is hard. Hope you can find what works best for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the blog slump...I feel like I'm just getting over one myself. I'm glad to hear you're still feeling inspired though, I love all of those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging slumps happen man! Sometimes you just need a break.

    Your trip to New York looks awesome, I loved seeing all your pictures on instagram. Funnn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love NYC- pretty sure I have that exact same picture of the M&Ms!

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah m=new york, one day i'll live there! love the place! i'm following you now love! if you have a moment, I'd love if you could check out my latest post.

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - those M and Ms look so good! I've never seen so many at one time! :) And I totally get the blogging slump thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're back and I'm sorry I've visited you blog in what feels like ages! Just having a good catch up on it now :)

    ReplyDelete