Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Kick of Inspiration

Because winter is lingering, 
Because transitional phases that last too long are frustrating,
and because life has a way of picking feathers off our metaphorical wings one by one until we feel we are falling. Sometimes we just need a little kick in the butt to get us back up again!


• "5. Recognize freedom as a 5:30 a.m. trip to the diner with a bunch of strangers you’ve just met."
• "11. Learn to say ‘no’ — to yourself. Don’t keep wearing high heels if you hate them; don’t keep smoking if you’re disgusted by the way you smell the morning after; stop wasting entire days on your couch if you’re going to complain about missing the sun."
• "18. Stop hating yourself."
This is such a fabulous list. All I wanted to do after reading it was sing a happy song and go on an adventure into the wilderness at sunset. Except it was 10AM, and a little cold outside for my liking. So instead I turned on some great music and painted my coffee table - something I will share about once it's done!



I love this. I love that finally people making big business choices - not just women making a personal decision to think differently about body image, are being so great about this. I also love how kindly facebook users seem to have taken to this idea!

My cousin and I are doing the MS Walk this May under the team name 'Maren's Marchers'. My aunt Maren has MS and I have done the walk since I was very little in her honour! It has always sort of been my 'cause' so to speak and I'm so excited to do it again this year! I haven't done it since I was in grade 10 I think, and that's way too long. We almost already made it to our initial team goal so we decided to increase our goal and see what we can get!

Hope you all had a lovely week and have great plans for the weekend! I will probably be working most of the weekend, woop. Oh well! Summer break comes soon and though I will be working and taking one summer course, I hope it will give me more time to relax a bit!

xo


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the walk. You're doing it for such a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the mannequin story! I hate seeing mannequins that look nothing like my body.

    Good luck on your walk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh too bad I just turned 25! :-P Just joking, great list no matter how old you are. And I love the mannequin story, there should be more honest examples.

    ReplyDelete