Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Adventures in Vegetarianism // Weirdest Smoothie

I've heard about 'green' smoothies, smoothies made with kale and other vegetables that are considered super nutritious and good for you, basically - in my opinion- smoothies that seem really gross. However, now that I'm eating a vegetarian diet and my step mom suggested I use the kale in the fridge for a smoothie, I decided to try it out! I didn't follow a recipe, just sort of used whatever we had in the fridge. And this is what I came up with!


I ended up using a few more blueberries and pineapple pieces than pictured here, just to sweeten it up a bit more! And it worked - the smoothie was surprisingly delicious, albeit a bit of an unusual mix, but the radishes weren't too too hot, so it all balanced out nicely. I'm excited to try out other recipes for healthy smoothies like this, adding kale and other veggies to smoothies just opens up the door to so many more options!


So guess what guys, I'm done second year! My exams are all done and I believe they went well, and it is now summer break! I am going to be working and taking a summer course, but I hope I'll still be having some more free time. The weather is also finally getting a bit warmer - it's been the most awfully long winter with the most ridiculous up and down weather and temperatures. I just want some sun and some warmth and the freedom to go to the beach without freezing my butt off. But I guess that'll come soon now!

xo

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of my parents' green smoothies with kale and spinach yet, but maybe I can summon the courage after reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm one of those weirdos that kinda like kale smoothies...haha and this one looks especially good! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, this does look really unusual! I like the mix of radishes here. I admit that I haven't really had much luck making smoothies, but I've been wanting to try them out again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeee using kale and spinach in my smoothies, I think i'm just a big kid and like to pretend I'm drinking swamp though

    ReplyDelete