Monday, April 15, 2013

Lately - End of 2nd Year!

Well, that's it guys! My crazy whirlwind of a second year is coming to an end this Thursday with my final exam. I'm still going to be busy this summer but hopefully a little less so, though I'll be working potentially 3 jobs and I'm taking a summer course from May to June. Welp. I suppose once a busy bee, always a busy bee, at least for me anyway!

I am hoping to NOW take steps towards blogging again. I feel inspired to. I want to share my summer art, I want to maybe start some outfit posts again (I have some thoughts on this that I will explain at a later date!), I want to share recipes, I want to share my little adventures, I want to start making necklaces again for Solé, and I want to give Kitty Snooks a face lift!



In other news - I got a new laptop. Those two photos are the (super classy) first selfies taken on it. The first of probably far too many. I am a bit of an obnoxious selfie queen. I guess I could just blame that on being a blogger though, right? My last lap top (affectionately named Earl) basically died on me in the middle of my final assignments, which was brutal because of how much I had to get done. Luckily I was able to open 'er up thanks to the help of a tech-savvy friend and retrieve my files, but I needed Photoshop and Illustrator and the rest of the Adobe suite! So I've got a new baby, who I've named Louie. I don't know why naming laptops is a thing for me but since musicians name their guitars, why can't an illustrator name her creation hardware?

Speaking of illustration, I have one final assignment that I was quite proud of that I'd like to share with you all!

We had to design a print Ad for the "Get a Load of Milk" Campaign. Mind you this was just an exercise for class, so I've blurred out the logo for posting it online. I'm trying to break away from my usual use of solid, uniform black linework and experiment with other alternatives. I quite like the result if I do say so myself!

Anyway, for now I am off to study for my Graphic Design History exam, and then off to work! Just thought I'd pop in and let you all know what was up.

Have a good week everyone!
xo

6 comments:

  1. You designed that ad Katia?! Wow, it's awesome! Such a cute concept for that campaign. Best wishes on your final exam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you blog, so I'll be looking forward to summer :) I really like your final assignment as well. He's so cute and lively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on so many cool plans for the summer and a new laptop! What kind did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The illustration looks great! I can't wait to see more of your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that illustration. Really neat!! :)

    ReplyDelete