Thursday, June 6, 2013

Changes

Now that I have, finally, started updating this blog semi-regularly again, I noticed that the banner I had previously had somehow for some reason stopped showing up... instead of stressing and trying to figure out what went wrong with the image host or the html or css or whatnot, I decided to take it as an opportune time to revamp. I've been wanting to do so for a while any way so last night after about 5 different headers I finally settled on one I thought was simple enough but still 'me', and here we are! What do you guys think? Isn't my little snail fellow so cute, I whipped him up last night on illustrator of all programs!

(Previous layout!)

I don't think the visual appearance of my blog is all that's going to change around here. I have grown, and changed, and I feel the need to reflect that in my blog, as opposed to keeping up whatever it was I did before just for the sake of consistency and keeping the audience I had gained prior. Though to be honest I think I've already lost a good portion of my readers due to my lack of posting already so - here's to starting semi-fresh?

I feel like a broken record when I say I've grown a bit sick of fashion blogging. For myself anyway, I feel focusing on material things like clothes in a blog was making me buy in excess and want more more more more more and more. I need to learn to live with less (if only for the sake of working with limited closet space!) and to be happy with that. I have also begun trying to live a 'cleaner' life. It's a tough process when you're used to popping into the nearest forever 21 (there's one literally a 2 minute walk from my new job... that and Toronto's biggest shopping mall... ahh!) and buying cheap clothes that were probably manufactured in awful conditions.

I also felt it was making me focus on my appearance, a lot. I have a tendency to do so, and I need to let go of that. These thoughts have been floating around in my head a lot lately.

I would like to focus more on what I'm most passionate about - art. My artistic journey, the art and artists that inspire me, my classmates/friends whose art wows me and encourages me to keep chugging and improving, just art art art. And writing! I have rekindled my love for writing and reading, and I want to share about that as well.

Anyway. Long story short - things are changing and I'm happy they are. I feel better these days, I'm growing and learning and experiencing new things which is all so wonderful for me. I'll go into more detail another time!


4 comments:

  1. Girl, you said it! That's exactly how I am feeling about "fashion". Although I think I will keep a small portion of clothes to sell, I am definitely leaning towards other things! Anyways, go you! Can't wait to see what you do next (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited after reading this post. I just made the transition to being a full-time mental health blog (dropping the outfit posts), and I feel very comfortable with my decision. I can't wait to read about your artistic adventures - and maybe finally see some tutorials? Haha! Your new banner is precious and very well done. Have you ever thought of commissioning design work?

    Katia, I feel like you're my blogging soul-sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been kind of doing the same thing with my content. I feel like I'm always growing and evolving, so naturally my content will too. I think it's always important to allow yourself to change. It's so hard for me to do that sometimes!

    Good luck! <3 Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new header even more, and I agree on living simpler and cleaner. It's hard, but feels better afterall. I'm just getting back to posting, too, and I feel like changing the feel of the whole thing, too. Can't put it in concrete words like you yet, but working on it.

    ReplyDelete