Friday, June 7, 2013

Illustration: Ellie Bean Book Spread

I'm taking a Book Illustration summer course until the end of June.
It's been a really open-ended course in that we are free to go our own direction and write our own pieces, so long as we follow some of the 'rules' of book design, things like layout-types and being mindful of the 'gutter' which is where the two pages meet in a spread. This particular assignment was to design two 2 page spreads.

I had a lot of fun with this assignment and wrote a little snippet of a story for it!

(c) Katia Engell
Acrylic & Soft pastels on Masonite


I'm loving the idea of writing and illustration children's books right now, it's actually what I first went into illustration hoping to do...


xo

2 comments:

  1. OMG if you write a children's book, I will be first in line to buy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those paintings are so cute! You could definitely write and illustrate a children's book.

    ReplyDelete