Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hats Hats Hats!


Bits and pieces of process for an illustrative typography assignment. The evolution of hats!

I had a total blast working on these letters - even if I wanted to tear my hair out for the better portion of the time I spent on it. It was actually very nice to stray away from my usual characters and to really focus on my rendering and my concept. I've been working on a few pieces without characters for school and I'm really feeling refreshed, re-inspired. Going back to some drawing basics is proving to be really rewarding!

How fun would this be on an actual hat? We needed to show it on some sort of apparel application. How could I not put it on a hat? Hehe.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are amazing - it sounds like such a fun assignment! The 'E' is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete