Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Paris: It's Official!!

A few months ago I scrambled within my busy schedule to prepare a portfolio, gather letters of recommendation from professors, and put together an application package for an exchange trip to study abroad for a semester. I got it all sorted out, submitted to a few schools in Europe, and then the waiting game started.

....

I have never experienced something quite like the way I felt during this waiting period. I jumped back and forth along the biggest spectrum of emotions and feelings and thoughts, from feeling absolutely ecstatic at the idea of going, to being miserable at the thought of not getting accepted, to getting furious that I was turning down so (sooo) many opportunities in the upcoming 6 months because I couldn't commit, to not wanting to go at all and trying to justify this to myself. It was a roller coaster - the totally intense kind that gives you whiplash and bruises on your hips when you swing side to side in the seat and makes you so nauseated you puke up all the comfort food you ate while you were stressing out.

(Things got weird... clearly...)

....

Imagine my relief when I woke up one morning to an e-mail telling me I'd been accepted to study at a school in Paris. And the extra relief that came with me just being purely flat out totally excited, no other feelings, no spectrum. Just excited. A little terrified at moments, but mostly excited!


I mean PARIS. As an art student, can you dream for anything more? It's a cliché but in the most wonderful way. I've also lucked out and found out that some friends from elementary school, all three of us at different universities, are all going to Paris at the same time. Their school over there happens to be right around the corner from the school I'll be studying at. Small world? Crazy small.

I am so, so excited for this adventure. Obviously I'll be blogging about it all right here, and if anyone's been to Paris and has any sight seeing suggestions shoot them my way!

xo

3 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP THAT'S SO AWESOME!!! Jealous of the adventure time you'll be having, but so excited for you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! That's great Katia! What exciting news just in time for the holidays. So very happy and excited for your Paris adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...PARIS! That is such fantastic news, I'm so happy for you! I've never been to Paris so I'm really excited to hear all about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete