Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Humpday Digs | 2.26.14

Just short of being creatively titled 'Humpday Humpables',  Humpday Digs is a new feature I'll be keeping up with on the blog. My intention is to share with you whatever has recently tickled the chin of my fancies or gotten the wheels of my thinktank spinnin'. Maybe it'll do the same for you! Plus, everyone needs a little pick me up on Wednesdays. So grab yourself a beer (or a coffee, depending what time of day it is for you), kick back and take a look at the glorious things the interwebs have revealed to me this week!


• This really incredible artwork by 'Hi', see more here.

This post by Bethany from Love Grows Design about business lessons that can be learned from the Olympics!

• My friend sent me this poem by Sylvia Plath the other day and I find it weird and intricate and beautiful.

'People Think You're Good at Art if You're a Weirdo" Speaking of 'weird', a thought provoking (albeit short) article about how weirdness and being an artist go hand in hand. Which leads to tons of other questions on many many tangents. Does your art have to be weird in order to garner some attention from the public? Does your art have to be 'weird' to be original? Define weird and original now, in this world where so much has already been done?
It's a bottomless can of worms...

This London Grammar album. London Grammar is a British band which is good, because if they were from anywhere else I might feel inclined to send them an unsolicited list of alternative name suggestions. I've been listening to this album on repeat! I'm normally not drawn to female vocals, but this girl's got pipes that I would liken to Florence and the Machine and brings out my most melodramatic facial expressions as I sing along loudly with gusto (hey, I live alone at the moment, so whatever dude) not to mention my totally cool interpretive dance moves (I repeat, I live alone...). It's rad and you should definitely take a listen.


What cool stuff have you found whilst poking about the internet lately?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment