Saturday, February 8, 2014

Paris // City and Colour Concert

In case you haven't heard of him before (which would be odd? but being in France where he's relatively unknown makes me prudent) City and Colour aka. Dallas Green is a really really really REALLY talented singer/songwriter dude hailing from Canadaland. He's one of my all time favourites and I was initially so disappointed when he came out with a new album and was most likely touring while I'd be out of the country....

Well fast forward to a month ago when I realized he was doing a European tour and would be in Paris while I am here. Then replay the moment when I realized how small of a concert it'd be compared to what it would be like in Toronto, and that this was going to be very very cool.

It was even cooler than I expected. I was ONE person away from the stage. I was SO close and had no cumbersome tall folks in front of me so I had a great vantage point to watch from. I'm not particularly fan-girly about celebrities (unless it's Ryan Gosling in which case you'll have to excuse me) but being so close was really quite surreal.

He's also better live than he is recorded - is that possible? Apparently, yes. His voice makes me weak at the knees and I could just melt right into his songs. If I could permanently live in a City and Colour song, I would. Not in a weird way... maybe a bit weird. I just love his music a lot ok? Ok.


So that was my incredible night, still feels a bit like it was a dream! If you haven't ever heard his music I implore you to do so! Some personal favourites; "Little Hell", "The Girl", "Death's Song", "Northern Wind", "Against the Grain".

xo

2 comments:

  1. I got pretty close to James Morrison at my first concert. I almost died. I could see the sweat on his skin. Glad you had an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool!! That would be awesome seeing someone you love that is pretty unknown in a new country. Amazing!!! His songs are the dreamiest...

    ReplyDelete