Sunday, February 2, 2014

Paris // Recovery Walk

This weekend I have unfortunately come down with quite the cold - ick! I admit I became very disenchanted with everything in my few days of restricted vocalizing and limited breathing abilities and was being a total grump.

Today though, I felt I had enough air passage through both nostrils to muster up the energy for a little walk. Besides, I actually woke up to sun peeking through my window this morning, and I couldn't miss a (rare) sunny day in Paris.


I am sooo glad I did! How can I still feel disenchanted with things when there's so much magic in something as simple as a giant blob of thin soapy water? These bubbles were quite impressive, as was the building I found the Bubble Guy next to:


Hotel de Ville! I can't believe I can walk barely 15 minutes from my apartment and feast my eyes upon this remarkable hunk'a architecture. Today in the sun it was especially special, but maybe I was just seeing the world through fresh, glittery rainbow lenses, happy to be out of my apartment and to see blue skies for once. This city is so rainy, my two Scottish friends (other exchange students) actually commented that it has been raining here more than it has been in Scotland. Now that's saying something.


I call this one: Paris, the city of Love. Creative right?


xo

3 comments:

  1. So glad you got to get out and enjoy the sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to follow along on your Parisian adventure :) The Hotel de Ville is amazing. I hope you're feeling 100% again soon
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better! It must be acclimatization..? Anyways, stay warm, get enough walks and sunshine :-) I have a very similar photo to your first one (of a huge bubble) - I took mine in Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete