Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pattern: Exotica



I am excited to share my first ever tile-able pattern with you guys today! When I put it all together and trialed it as a pattern swatch, I immediately longed for Costa Rica and Pina Coladas (but no dancing in the rain, there's been more than enough rain here, major rain overdose), hence the title Exotica.

It was really really nice to just draw again. Should I have been working on assignments instead? Maybe. Yes. Definitely. But doodling and then bringing these doodles together on photoshop and turning them into a pattern? Totally satisfying, totally worth it!

What do you guys think of this pattern? Have you ever tried making tile-able patterns before? They're pretty fun, it's kind of addictive!

xo


psst. this print is up on some Society 6 goodies now! Click here!

7 comments:

  1. I love this, the detail, colours, everything!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute pattern!

    And wanted to say, checked out the music you mentioned and am completely crushing on Mac DeMarco. Passing Out Pieces was on repeat for a bit, and am loving the sound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Yea the vibe is so chill, I'm glad you like his music!!

      Delete
  3. Never done tile-able patterns before but you may just have inspired me!! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! And you're right, totally craving a pina colada now

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so much fun! I don't create many patterns, but I really should. And taking time to create things for yourself is important, glad that you're able to! :)

    ReplyDelete