Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Humpday Digs | 12.3.14

Just short of being creatively titled 'Humpday Humpables', Humpday Digs is a new feature I'll be keeping up with on the blog. My intention is to share with you whatever has recently tickled the chin of my fancies or gotten the wheels of my thinktank spinnin'. Maybe it'll do the same for you! Plus, everyone needs a little pick me up on Wednesdays. So grab yourself a beer (or a coffee, depending what time of day it is), kick back and take a look at the glorious things the interwebs have revealed to me this week!

• Kyla, the lovely blogger behind Kyla is Inspired has such an eye for design, in all senses of it. She does this really great series of illustrations based on her favourite fashion designs. Uhm, illustration and fashion all in one? I dig it. Check out her other illustrations from this series here!

This guy found a way to play music out of slices of tree trunks, based on the idea that tree rings can be read by a record player!

• I got an email from Jules the other day reaching out to a bunch of us blogger gals inviting us all to swap buttons, collaborate, and generally foster the blogging community and bring it BACK.

Yes, back. Jules points out that instagram and twitter have taken its toll on traditional 'blogging' (if there even is such a thing as traditional blogging... you know what I mean though!) and I am in complete agreement and was really happy to receive Jules's email. She's rad, and has the sweetest blog. She's actually got a really great giveaway on right now! I'm stoked on it, you could win one of my favourite books ever, Perks of Being a Wallflower! I've read it three times, and yes it's even better than the movie. I highly recommend you enter! Enter here!


Happy Wednesday everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with the blogging forecast, I have the same feeling that everything moved to the faster and shorter formats and networks. And as much as I love Instagram and Twitter, I miss the "old blogging times" when the main action and communication was centered around the blogs. Bring it back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including me in this post, Katia!! :)

    ReplyDelete