Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pattern: Witch Bitch


I made this for a round on Lifeboat Jamboree that has yet to be posted. Originally it was a full page illustration of this character, but lately I've been super obsessed with patterns. And when I say super obsessed I mean I have trouble making or looking at anything without turning it into a pattern, either on photoshop if its tangible, or in my head if it's just something beautiful I spot on the street.

I think this started when I got to Paris. The sewer grates have new patterns, the café chairs have new patterns, the bowls in restaurants have new patterns, just patterns patterns patterns everywhere!!

It's a bit of a sensory overload in a way, but it really excites me and has me pattern-crazed. I always have been to some extent (if you look at the clothing I brought with me here, it's frustratingly patterned - I had to buy a few classic black pieces since I got here!) but it's more accentuated nowadays. I'm not complaining! It's an interesting phase as an artist and I'm excited to see where it takes me...

xo

3 comments:

  1. I love this. I want it as my phone background. Please get a Society6!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this! You certainly have an eye for patterns. I'm all about sensory overload when it comes to design, patterns especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and somehow disturbing (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete