Saturday, April 26, 2014

Illustration: Jackalope


My illustrator friend Erik was drawing a wee little jackalope and encouraged me to draw one too so we could compare. I know they're make believe, but jackalopes are such majestic little creatures! I've had the pencil drawing finished since before my Copenhagen/Belgium trip, and I was sooo looking forward to coming back to colour it and finish it up! I challenged myself to give him curly horns and let me tell ya, they were certainly a challenge. I think they turned out ok though!


I miss my illustration folks back in Canada - fellow students, teachers, all of them. We have such a fun little community and I am so excited for next year with them. It will also be my last year at OCAD... holy guacamole, where has the time flown?

Ps. Check out Erik's illustration work here. He's a talented dude!

xo

4 comments:

  1. Jackalopes are one of my favorite creatures, real or not. I like the spin you put on this guy with the curly horns. Gotta say his long lashes are my favorite part, though :)

    PEONY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! That's one of my favourite parts too!

      Delete
  2. Dude, this is seriously amazing. Sell prints!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! I'm selling some over on Society 6 for the time being:

      http://society6.com/KittySnooks

      :)

      Delete