Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pattern: Popcorn

(c) Katia Engell

Now, just because my school work hasn't been explicitly 'illustration' doesn't mean I haven't been squishing it in wherever I can! These fun little popcorn kernels were drawn for an animation project (which I will also share once it's done by next week!). The more I looked at them the more I wanted to turn them into a pattern. Clearly my obsession with patterns isn't going anywhere anytime soon...

Drawing popcorn at a large scale was such a weird, abstract experience! It was so much fun to analyze the way popcorn is shaped and made up as I drew the kernels!

This pattern is up in my Society 6 shop HERE, available on a variety of things (I think the pillows and phone cases look really cool!!)

Ahhhh guysss! All of my finals are due next week - then I'm all done school, then I go home! I can't believe I'll be home so soon!

xo

3 comments:

  1. OK, I have to share this with Ben! Such a cool illustration! Looking forward to seeing your animation project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, love this pattern! You're very talented, Katia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! And so is your stuff on Society6!

    ReplyDelete