Thursday, August 14, 2014

Lately | Mid August


Needless to say, I've been a busy bee. It's been a great summer being back home in Toronto thus far and I am enjoying it to the fullest! I spent a week at a great cottage with my family, visited my aunt's place up north a few times where we went swimming and had campfires, ate lots of yummy food (and started to try introducing chicken into my diet again... not sure if I'm loving it...), saw some friends for baking dates, worked on a giant 4ft x 5ft painting, continued to be obsessed with patterns, had a tie-dye date and made some pretties, attended a wedding, seen some art shows, gone to some concerts.

On top of all that fun stuff, I have been interning at a wedding photography studio which is turning out to be a really great gig! I've also been volunteering at a centre for people with alzheimers and dementia, hanging out and painting and listening to music and a whole lot of laughing and giggling with the participants who are all so wonderful. My afternoons there are often the highlight of my week.

Yup, life is really good. I feel surrounded by positive, interesting energies and I am getting myself in gear for the upcoming school year which will be my LAST of my undergrad (holy goats) and I'll be starting my illustration thesis. Lots of work and stuff ahead of me... but lots to share as well!

Will be posting some more of my work up here shortly, once I get a minute to breathe in my schedule! Hope you're all enjoying your summer/respective seasons depending where in the world you are!
xo

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are very busy! Your wedding photography internship sounds fun, it'd be great if you could share some photos here :-) Great job on finding time to volunteer!

    ReplyDelete