Thursday, April 16, 2015

Something New: Collage Painting



This was an experiment I did in class - painting things then collaging them together for the final piece. I really enjoyed working like this and am excited to play around with it some more!

This was also from my last painting class of my undergrad, and I was very pleased to paint my favourite life model from my years at OCAD, Jeffrey! Some of these elements come from a personal collection of postcards that I repainted elements from, and others are from the in-class set up.

What do you think? Have you ever tried working like this?

1 comment:

  1. This is such an interesting technique, and no I haven't used it before! I really love the look of this piece, and I'm filing this idea away for if I'm feeling uninspired.

    ReplyDelete